Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Historic Day

I've been terrible about updating this blog. However, from this day forward, I am going to endeavor to post regularly. And today is a auspicious day to renew my blogging efforts. Hazel took her first steps today! I was in the kitchen making dinner, and Hazel & Charlotte were playing on the kitchen floor. I heard Hazel laughing. I turned around and saw her take a few steps. She was beaming and giggling with delight. Charlotte also thought it was a pretty neat trick and was laughing. Hazel did it again & again and managed to take at least 4 or 5 steps in a row before plunking down on the floor. I can't wait to see how far she can walk tomorrow.

Today was also a historic day because Barack Obama was inaugurated as our 44th president. We watched the inauguration together as a family. Ante & I were so moved & inspired by the momentous occasion. Hazel & Charlotte weren't so interested. They won't remember it, but at least they got to witness the historic event. I hope their world will truly become a better place. We're stepping into a bright future...

No comments: